Are you a new year resolution person or do you prefer a new year goal? If you are reading this blog it is likely because you searched “New Year Resolution” or “New Year Goal” searching for some guidance on how to format this process. This blog will help you break down why setting goals for the new year may be more practical than lofty resolutions.
So let’s take some time and figure out how to set some New Year Goals for 2022. I find that having a goal and something to work toward that allows you to have progress versus a potentially lofty resolution that makes you feel like you have failed if you do not achieve it helps you to actually create the life you desire from the goal you set.
New Year Goals for Work
One of the first times I got really serious about goal setting for the new year in a way that was achievable was when my coaching team and I did Darren Hardy’s, “Living Your Best Year Ever” . I love this program because I thought I was simply setting goals for my business and my work when in fact it tackled all areas of my life and helped me to find a balance between all facets of my life that affect one another. So whether you are looking to set new year goals for couples, new year goals for students, new year goals for employees, new year goals for business, new year goals for the workplace, or new year goals for home, this program covers it all.
I especially like the life assessment that helps you break down how successful you are in each important area of your life. The categories include:
- Relationship and family
- Mental and
There is a lovely section on gratitude that helps you to see all the good that is already in your life. Here is some journaling prompts that help you take an inventory of the year prior so you can see what your starting point is.
- List the 10 greatest happenings from last year
- I am most proud of these three accomplishments from last year
- Three greatest lessons I have learned from last year
- Three personal improvements I have made in the past year are
- If I could go back and do it again, I would go back and do these three things differently from last year
- The greatest influences (products, people, viewpoints, other) on me in the last year
- Smartest decision I made last year
- Most caring service I performed last year
- Biggest risk taken last year
- Most important relationship improved last year
- One word that best sums up and describes last year’s experience
- Three things I need to do less of in the next year are
- Three things I need to do more of in the next year are
- Three things I need to stop doing altogether in the next year are
Hopefully, you can use these prompts to reflect on how far you have already come as well as see your areas that have room for improvement. If you continue with the Living Your Best Year Ever program you will be taught how to set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, and Time-Based) goals which help you maintain more than just a resolution to be healthier.
New Year’s Resolution Journal Ideas
Writing more is something I am committed to as a creative and intuitive form of expression in 2022. I have a few ways that I journal and keep track of my goals and happenings in my life so that I can stay on track in 2022. I am a part of Gabby Bernstein’s Miracle Membership and monthly I am given wonderful journal prompts and mediations that are in alignment with my goals. A simple daily journal prompt to check in with yourself and how close you are to your goals and resolutions is:
- How do I feel today?
- Who do I want to be today?
- What do I want to receive today?
- What do I want to give today?
Another huge influence that was extremely helpful to me in 2021 was Glennon Doyle. Her podcast, “We Can Do Hard Things”, was like a warm security blanket in some of my most difficult times. You may know her very famous book Untamed. She has a journal titled “Get Untamed The Journal: How to Quit Pleasing and Start Living. This journal is the ultimate deep dive to help you uncover what is keeping you from achieving your resolutions and goals.
Try Vision Boarding
Creating a vision board can also be a super fun, crafty, and creative way to put your intentions and goals into a visible representation. My clients and I do vision boards once or twice a year and almost always something from them comes to fruition. You can simply cut images out of a magazine that appeals to you and the life you want to create and put them on a poster board. Always place a vision board where you can see it daily so that what you desire is in the forefront of your mind so you can take actions and steps toward creating your dream.
If you are more into technology CANVA is a great application or website you can use that has vision board templates that you can plug in images from the internet or use your own photos to create a vision board you can display on your technological devices. I have one as the background of my cell phone wallpaper so I can see it every day. A vision board is also highly successful when you add affirmations or things you desire in the form of statements that already exist.
- My business is thriving
- I attract love and abundance in all forms
- I am a money magnet
So I invite you as you think about your goals and resolutions for 2022 to think a little outside the box, instead of just resolving to lose a few pounds, think about why you want to lose that weight, think about the feeling it would create for you and recognize you can create that feeling right now! Perhaps you use these tools to start living in a way that is in alignment with all your dreams, not just a new year resolution.
If you feel like you are wanting more recipes, tips, and tricks on mental health, mindset, relationships, and a roadmap to living your healthiest life, I have many more tips and tools for your toolbox where those came from. All of my meal plans include access to hundreds of recipes and short, easy, all levels workouts. If you have any specific recipes you would like or fitness program questions, always feel free to reach out to me. My mindset work is all-encompassing and can help you release trauma abs roadblocks to ensure a more balanced and joyful life.
Love and Light Always,
– Sarah Savino is my recommended Wellness, Mindset and Nutrition Coach who resides in Colorado but has a community of clients she guides and manages nationally. She has her frequent retreats that her clients are encouraged but not required to attend and someone who knows first hand how it is to be overworked and overweight. She is a living truth that once within the right community and with the right guide, everything is possible. She can be reached:
Dr. Shakib, your Irvine Posture Chiropractor